Thursday, September 11, 2008

Why Rewind?



I named my blog Rewind because I plan on reviewing events in my life that shaped who I am today. Also, when our oldest daughter was expecting her first born, I penned a poem for her using this same title.

Rewind
By Fran

Do you see the coaster over there?
The golden one, just like your hair.
It stands so tall, what a pretty view.
Come take my hand, I’ll ride with you.

Has another season slipped on by?
With the coaster shooting to the sky.
It’s the same old park with new rides too.
They look much smaller ~ do they to you?

Has it been so long since we were here?
With the willows, ducks and white tailed deer.
The park has changed ~ or is it me?
When I last looked, you were only three.

Is it too late, can I press rewind?
If you take my hand, what will I find?
The soft sweet senses of a little one’s hold.
Or an empty palm, filled with yesterday’s cold?

If you reach for me, I'll always be there.
For the love I feel, no words can share.
We will forever walk side by side.
But your little one, you now must guide.

Before you know, you will also hear
The empty sounds of the park draw near.
Now is the time ~ let your dreams run wild.
Your journey starts with this brand new child.

No comments:

Post a Comment